The board - it's dead Jim!

• Well, this board has certainly petered out in activity. WHat's going on here? Are you all playing Nova or somthing?
    returns to playing Nova himself

------------------
    Hey, Why don't you get on IRC sometime?
    (Famous Last Words #91)
    Ê ÊÊÊ
    Where do you want to (url="http://"http://www.macclassics.com/cythera/tricks/rJade.htm")teleport(/url) today?

• I think there's another slump in activity due to Nova as well as the bandwith it's hogging when it's being downloaded. Ughh, slow boards.

------------------
    Taft's Law: "If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con,' then 'progress' is the opposite of 'congress.'"
    Norman's Household Hint: "Give me a home where the buffalo rome, and you've got a room full of buffalo chips."
    Canada Bill's Supplement: "A Smith & Wesson beats four aces."
    Westheimer's Rule: "To estimate the time it takes to do a task, estimate the time you think it should take, multiply by two, and change the unit of measurement to the next highest unit...thus we allocate two days for a one-hour task."

• Probably, I know I am. But, as with when CGE came out, as soon as the rush dies down we should have a few new members.

------------------
    -TheDarkDragon
    "The goal is to accelerate the release process incrementally until we actually tear the fabric of space-time. Each final candidate will precede the one that came before it, and eventually EV Nova will be released sometime in 1937."
    -mcb 3-10-02 (release of Nova fc3)
    (shameless IRC plug)Go to #cythera on IRC for the rock-hard-abba-dabbas #ev3 just can't do. (/shameless IRC plug)

• For my part, I just spent a quiet weekend in a little place called Campbell's Bay, just north of Kakanui. It was a tiny cabin overlooking the sea, and the weather was marvelous; just the thing I needed to revive me after several weeks of working eleven and a half hours a day, 5 days a week (thank goodness that's over! :))

One thing that'll please a few of you, I managed to finish the main storyline for part 4 of Dark Legacy. Now I just need to finish off the epilogue and do a couple of revision sessions, and it'll be ready to submit.

------------------
    Kobayashi Maru!

• Odysseus slaps cache on the back and shakes his hand rigorously! :D
    Anywho, expect to see me bouncing around the boards as this is my one week vacation from school…

------------------
    "I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis."
    -Zaphod Beeblebrox
    When I'm bored, my post number goes up.

• Cheers, cache! :)

My break ended yesterday, but I'll still be hanging around...

Hopefully the internet stops being screwy for me and I won't have trouble loading pages anymore. I have a feeling once Bane picks up, we'll be getting some more posts! ;)

------------------
    "No, Reepicheep, you may -not- attempt single combat with it!"

Originally posted by Bryce:
    **Well, this board has certainly petered out in activity. WHat's going on here? Are you all playing Nova or somthing?

Not yet, all I need to do now is get to a Mac with sufficient power :). Solution to the lack of activity on the board: Cythera 1.1.0!!! (I wish :) ).

------------------
    luck is beating the odds, bad luck is when they are the odds of having something bad happen to you.

• (quote)Originally posted by SuperNova:
    **Solution to the lack of activity on the board: Cythera 1.1.0!!! (I wish;)

------------------
    Kobayashi Maru!

• (quote)Originally posted by cache22:
    **Nah - Cythera 2, maybe:eek:

------------------

• How long have you been playing, Kat? Took me about a month the first time, a week the second time and two days the third. (/topic drift)

------------------
    Taft's Law: "If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con,' then 'progress' is the opposite of 'congress.'"
    Norman's Household Hint: "Give me a home where the buffalo rome, and you've got a room full of buffalo chips."
    Canada Bill's Supplement: "A Smith & Wesson beats four aces."
    Westheimer's Rule: "To estimate the time it takes to do a task, estimate the time you think it should take, multiply by two, and change the unit of measurement to the next highest unit...thus we allocate two days for a one-hour task."

Originally posted by ferazel_09:
    **< snip>

Actually, I haven't got very far on it at all ^_^; The amount of time I've actually spent playing was maybe half an hour, since it's on Iridium's comp and he's usually using it. :D I don't know if it will run on here.

Yup, slight topic drift.

------------------

Originally posted by iKaterei:
    **I don't know if it will run on here.

If it's the machine I think it is, what model do you think I played it on? ;)

------------------
    Kobayashi Maru!

• (quote)Originally posted by cache22:
    **Nah - Cythera 2, maybe:)

------------------
    luck is beating the odds, bad luck is when they are the odds of having something bad happen to you.

Originally posted by SuperNova:
    **What would it have?:)

Probably well...Cythera, and another something relating to Omen. Gandreas did hint that he does want revenge...

------------------
    "I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."

• As I recall, gandreas said he'd already written the the scripts to Cythera 2 and 3, but he decided not to make the games.

Which reminds me: Glenn, if you still read the boards, could you give us the scripts so we could make Cythera 2 with Coldstone? It'd bring more attention to your game and eventually make you some money. ;)

------------------
    -TheDarkDragon
    "The goal is to accelerate the release process incrementally until we actually tear the fabric of space-time. Each final candidate will precede the one that came before it, and eventually EV Nova will be released sometime in 1937."
    -mcb 3-10-02 (release of Nova fc3)
    (shameless IRC plug)Go to #cythera on IRC for the rock-hard-abba-dabbas #ev3 just can't do. (/shameless IRC plug)

• I'm beginning to think that we should hold a memorial service for this place or something. It's becoming very close to being officially dead. Not counting this one, I believe we've had 5 posts today.

Where -is- everyone?

------------------
    Some people say I have too much time on my hands. I say their hands aren't big enough.

Originally posted by iKaterei:
    **Where -is- everyone?

Waiting for the e-mail problem with the server to be fixed.

------------------

Originally posted by SuperNova:
    **Solution to the lack of activity on the board: Cythera 1.1.0!!!

Another solution to the lack of activity on the board: Post more! ;)

------------------

Originally posted by cache22:
    **Nah - Cythera 2, maybe;)

Of course there is also:

Tactics of Cythera (a tactical, turn based combat heavy game)

Halls of Maayti (a 3D puzzle solving game, with a Seldane twist)

Powers of the Undine (something not completely unlike a sort of collectable card game)

Merchant of Cythera (trade your way to become the head of a powerful House)

Cythera Online (well, that would be obvious what it is, wouldn't it)

------------------
    Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Know...

Originally posted by gandreas:
    **Halls of Maayti (a 3D puzzle solving game, with a Seldane twist)

I'd play it.

------------------