Slayer's Guide

• Umm. . .

This could be nothing, or it could be very important.

This is a link to Slayer's Guide to Cythera. When I try it, Safari says it can't find Mac classics. I've tried it on a different computer as well, but only got the same result.

So has Mac Classics moved it's site or has it ceased to exist, taking Slayer's Guide with it? :o

• I went looking for Slayer's guide a few days ago and got this, it appears that mac classics is no longer :(

• Anybody's got a backup somewhere? If nothing else, I could probably host this site.

• Sadly, I don't have a backup. If Slayer were still around he would probably have noticed and put it on another server, but since he's gone. . .

Does anyone else?

• I haven't been around recently, but - is he gone? Why? Where? When will he be back? Never? This is all a shame. A shame indeed.

• Slayer left about 15 months or so ago if I remember correctly, as far as I can remember he isn't comming back but you never know.

• Seldane, on Aug 18 2005, 06:00 PM, said:

Anybody's got a backup somewhere?

Selax thought to look with the Wayback Machine, and he found these results. The most updated one can be found here.

I still think that we should host this separately, though. I don't know how long the Wayback Machine keeps its records. If you do host it, make sure to give due mention of Slayer and clarify that it's a remake.

Edit: I just found a problem. The map section does not appear to have the maps in it :( . You might look in some of the older versions to see if they are there.

This post has been edited by The Wizard : 20 August 2005 - 08:41 PM

• TY,TY,TY !!! The maps would be nice, but this is a HUGE help. Kudos.

Edit:

You might look in some of the older versions to see if they are there.

I tried this to no avail. :( They all seem to try to access the same site, which seems to no longer exist.

This post has been edited by Flyboy : 20 August 2005 - 11:13 PM

• Well, I e-mailed Slayer. This is my e-mail and the response.

If you haven't noticed, your Cythera guide on
    Macclassics is gone, since Macclassics itself is
    gone. If you have a backup of it somewhere, I'd
    gladly host the page for you.

Thanks for your concern. Macclassics has gone down
    only temporarily and should return near the beginning
    of September.

• Half Truth, on Aug 19 2005, 07:49 AM, said:

Slayer left about 15 months or so ago if I remember correctly, as far as I can remember he isn't comming back but you never know.
    View Post

http://www.ambrosias...showtopic=88457

He hasn't logged in since.

• I'm not sure how legal this is, but I used SiteSucker a long time ago on Slayer's guide to download it for a road trip. This is a pretty old version (The Finder says June 9, 2003), so I'm not sure what's missing from it. I also know nothing about HTML, but the links seem to work just fine.

http://imnsvale.com/...hive/index.html

• Seems like only chrons are missing, but I never read them anyway. I'm not sure if Slayer ever fixed the typos and HTML errors.

Slayer's guide said:

Back to missions.</a
    View Post

Forgot the greater than.

• Buzzzzy, on Mar 6 2006, 02:38 PM, said:

Seems like only chrons are missing, but I never read them anyway. I'm not sure if Slayer ever fixed the typos and HTML errors.

Slayer's guide said:

Back to missions.</a
    View Post

Forgot the greater than.
    View Post

I'd be willing to go and fix them, but I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to host these files, much less change them. Anyone have contact with Slayer?

• Notice how you always have something to say about Slayer, Percinator :p

• Yeah. A little too much. Maybe Percinator made that "farewell" post.

Percinator is Slayer's ...

... murderer...!

• UGHHH!!! HOW DID YOU KNOW!?!??!?!

He last logged in Oct 6, '04, and his farewell message was Oct 6, '04. I think he made a commitment to not look back.

Googled "Benjamin Douglass." This link shows a person, 21, had been using the blogger since November of 2004. Hmmmmmm... Slayer, is that you? It says 21 years old. Was Slayer 19 when he signed off? Makes sense.

Another link shows another guy with the same name that goes to Penn State.

The pieces are coming together, I think.

• I can't prove it (my "Ben Douglas" files have mysteriously vanished), but I thought Slayer went to graduate school in Florida.

• Yeah, Avatara... Maybe....

• Ohhhhh. Above says "Ben Douglass" (Slayer) is a professor at University of Central Florida. I wast just looking at the very first posts, and saw http://ucf.edu/~bd12842/cythera.htm. I know, doesn't work. But look at the domain. UCF.edu...
    Hmmmm