Fetch

• a bug or not a bug?

Poll: do you think Fetch is a bug (12 member(s) have cast votes)
    do you think Fetch is a bug
    yes
    (9 votes [75.00%])
    Percentage of vote: 75.00%
    no
    (3 votes [25.00%])
    Percentage of vote: 25.00%

I really think fetch is not a spell I mean it would be simple to fix. I'm no programer but it would probably look like this

Cast spell drain 24 mana
    if no mana state 'not enough energy to cast that spell' end
    if mana select object
    selected object put in player inventory

end

I think they made it destroy the object to prevent players from picking up a blacksmith hammer etc :unsure:

• oy crap I voted for the wronge one (the irony)

• I voted yes because I don't think it meant to terminate the object. I think it would be for getting an object and bringing it to the caster. I haven't seen anything in the game where that would be useful, though.

• @percy_bot, on Oct 27 2006, 08:39 AM, said in Fetch:

I haven't seen anything in the game where that would be useful, though.

I have, but it seems to be out of range of the Fetch spell anyway.

This post has been edited by cache22 : 26 October 2006 - 02:41 PM

• It would be nice if you could fetch away things like the landscape, a block of water perhaps :)

• Global Moderator

Personally, I think that fetching city walls would be nice and fetching people would be fun.

• Fetch would be nice for stealing sprees, I think ^_^

• @breadworldmercy453_bot, on Oct 27 2006, 04:46 PM, said in Fetch:

Fetch would be nice for stealing sprees, I think ^_^

Would that be stealing Sprees (the candy), or a stealing spree, like a spree of stealing. Gotcha! ;)

• @percy_bot, on Oct 27 2006, 10:53 PM, said in Fetch:

Would that be stealing Sprees (the candy), or a stealing spree, like a spree of stealing. Gotcha! ;)

Is there seriously a candy called Sprees? o.0

• Dude! Wonka Sprees!! You have never heard of them? Sprees! Hrmm… No picture on Wiki.

This post has been edited by Percinator : 28 October 2006 - 05:02 PM

• What's the point of the skill Thievery? I mean, if you can take things by moving or replicating them, why do you need it? And why do Hector etc attack you when you attack the fighter in the ruffian encamptment (am I gravedigging here? I haven't seen anything about that)

• Well, I think the whole "if you move it first you can take it" is a bug. I don't know about Hector attacking, though. Alas, I haven't played Cythera in quite some time. I think I will try SheepSaever sometime soon.

• I agree with Slayer on the thievery thing. But even if you train to "complete mastery" of thievery, it still doesn't guarantee that you can get way with stealing stuff. I think it's about a 50/50 chance that the deads will stain your soul (with complete mastery), but that was my estimate from years ago. . . Also, I remember somebody mentioned that Hector thing awhile back. This might be it, http://www.ambrosias...?showtopic=5756, or maybe I'm thinking of a different thread, I don't know @_@

• First of all, if fetch were not a bug, why can you fetch entire cities?

Second, I think the moving one space is a bug and I think I know why it happens: Cythera is programmed (I believe) to allow you to pick up items that you accedently drop, like money being pooled. Those items are unstuck. When you move an item one space, it becomes unstuck, and therefore you can pick it up. As keys are always stuck no matter how much you move them, you cannot move them and steal them.

And, as far as Hector knows, the fighter might be a hostage. I mean, despite the evidence, there's no proof he's an enemy is there? He's not labled as "ruffian," and that's enough for Hector to think he's innocent.

• Hey maybe he is a hostage ^_^

• I was thinking that...

• Hey, that's an idea! What about the blacksmith, though? they attack you if you attack him. Maybe just because they don't attack you.