HI

• HI

HI I'm new here so you won't know me (unless you have been at the EVN or EVO board) and I have one question

1 were is Demonduces when you want the pan pipes?

Oh and did you know that you only have to type in the first four letters of a word ex. demo (I prefer Demon) Means Demonducus
    I found it out after I told Lindus Demon (after the one below the pnyx) and he said 'Demonduces has't been here in a while' or somthing like that.

• Hey, welcome!

Demodocus is where he always is. Roaming about his town (don't remember the name of it, but it's the town closest to the Land King Hall).

Yeah, I knew about that. It also works the other way around. Typing "Antiphus" gives you info about antidotes. :p

• Hey... Wow! I just gave this site to someone else.... Hope it works!

Slayer's Guide

I think it is why you want the pipes.

• Seldane, on Feb 21 2006, 12:55 PM, said:

Hey, welcome!

Demodocus is where he always is. Roaming about his town (don't remember the name of it, but it's the town closest to the Land King Hall).

Yeah, I knew about that. It also works the other way around. Typing "Antiphus" gives you info about antidotes. :p
    View Post

Really? I was never able to find him again and I had to resort to cheating with regards to the pipes. I always wanted to talk to him again.

Also, does Melager ever come back if you don't hire him off the bridge? He seems to disappear after awhile.

In a previous game, I remember hiring Melager, then Demodocus takes his place on that bridge to Cademia, then he disappears (?) after a while. Does he really not and he goes to whichever city?

(Oh, and I'm new on the boards, too. I read Slayer's Guide a long time ago, I've played Cythera for a while, but evidently not as much as some people. :p)

• Yeah, he disappears, but he is there sometimes. I couldn't afford his services at one point and ignored him. I met him on the bridge ocasionally after that (because I never let him join me).

• Whenever you see Demodocus, if you look into his inventory you can see an instrument (lyre?). If you ask him about the instrument he has, he says he doesn't like it... I don't even think he owns pipes...

• Demodocus wanders about town. Funny, I have a habit of typing Demon for Demodocus too. And I keep forgetting Magpie's real name, so whenever I try to upset him, I just say "Baho". I started to wonder if the Abydos ghosts were afraid of the Demon, or of Demodocus. There is, however, one exeption to this. If you talk to Aethon and say "rat", he'll say "Foul, six-legged venem." However, if you say "ratc", or ratcatcher, he'll say something about it being an honorable job, but not much pay. Oh, and has anyone noticed that though you can just search the bed for the Sapphire book of Splender, if you talk to the majormodo, he'll mention it.

• Welcome to the Cythera Web Board.

• It's a lute that Demodocus is holding. Ironic, isn't it?

EDIT: Lute, not lyre. STupid me.

This post has been edited by Buzzzzy : 08 March 2006 - 04:33 PM

• Buzzzzy, on Mar 6 2006, 02:33 PM, said:

It's a lyre that Demodocus is holding. Ironic, isn't it?
    View Post

Nope- lute. I just started a knew game to check because I couldn't find him.

When you say "lute" he says some gibberish about them...

• Oops, meant lute. But he says he hates lutes. "Bah, these new fangled lutes. No good sound quality". Isn't that ironic?

• Buzzzzy, on Mar 8 2006, 03:32 PM, said:

Oops, meant lute. But he says he hates lutes. "Bah, these new fangled lutes. No good sound quality". Isn't that ironic?
    View Post

Very ironic! What an idiot!

• How do you get him to tell you the lyre code for the sewers? or am i barking up the wrong tree? If so, who gives it to you? and what do you have to say? and how do you get a signature to work? and...etc.
    I'm a newbie, so I'm full of questions.
    PS if you know, can you hint? I feel so smart when I work things out and only use hints!

• Frist off welcome to the boards. The only question i can really answer is how to get a signature.

look for a "My Controls" link at the top of the page, once there llok at the left menu till you see "Edit Signature" type in what you will then hit update. The process for a avatar is pretty much the same.

-Dark

• @crazychick_bot, on Oct 8 2006, 01:41 PM, said in HI:

How do you get him to tell you the lyre code for the sewers? or am i barking up the wrong tree? If so, who gives it to you? and what do you have to say? and how do you get a signature to work? and...etc.
    PS if you know, can you hint? I feel so smart when I work things out and only use hints!

While Slayer's Guide to Cythera is in Percinators signature, and can be found here, it is not the kind of website that just 'hints'.
    So if you're wanting the lyre code for the sewers, I will simply repeat what Magpie wisely said to you: "At the end of the hall, the library is. Much learning can be found in there... Do you well it might to learn."

• @crazychick_bot, on Oct 8 2006, 03:41 AM, said in HI:

How do you get him to tell you the lyre code for the sewers? or am i barking up the wrong tree? If so, who gives it to you? and what do you have to say? and how do you get a signature to work? and...etc.

Allow me the honor of welcoming you to the Cythera community yet another time. Feel free to ask any questions you may have here and we'll do our best to help.

Although... they have all been answered already, so I'll just suggest that you read Dark Jet's and dusk's posts.

• Which book is it in? I never read books very thoroughly...

• Welcome to the boards, CrazyChick. I hope that you'll decide to stick around. (One small piece of advice, by the way, while it is sometimes okay to "gravedig" an old topic, it is not usually considered a good habit.)

In answer to your question, Buzzzzy, I believe the book in question is "Semius the Golem Hunter." It may be found in Judge Metopes's quarters in Catamarca (and in at least one other location I believe). However, I recall that it didn't give the correct notes for the lyre.

This post has been edited by Selax : 10 October 2006 - 08:30 PM

• @buzzzzy_bot, on Oct 10 2006, 09:02 PM, said in HI:

Which book is it in? I never read books very thoroughly...

There is a brief book on Semius, but I looked it open on Pallas' site and Selax is right. It does not give the proper notes.

• Are the notes way different or similar? I'm wondering if it was an accident or completely different notes. As for checking myself, my old computer is acting up now and Cythera isn't on the one I'm using.