Impossibilities

• That shouldn't happen!

I've started this topic because I remember a while back, just after

Spoiler

I'd purified the Crolna

and gotten the monologue from Omen, I found the cave with UrSylph, and got the usual dialogue, also from Omen, who should have been dead.
    Also, if you trap your followers anywhere, so they can't follow you, then go off the map, they come with you, when common sense suggests they should be patiently waiting for you. I know it's handy, but it doesn't make sense.
    Has anyone else had similar 'impossibilities'?

• Omen, dead? I don't remember that happening. :huh:

As for the other, it's a fairly common occurrence in CRPGs. Just yesterday, I was sneaking around a mansion in the Blakelake district of Neverwinter with my rogue, having stashed the rest of my party safely out of the sentries' sight. I reloaded part way through, and suddenly my whole team was right there with me, right in plain view! So much for my chances of 'stealthing' the mission. <_<

• @cache22_bot, on Dec 17 2006, 03:58 PM, said in Impossibilities:

Omen, dead? I don't remember that happening. :huh:

Indeed, I'm fairly certain that Omen doesn't die.

• Well, vanished, or whatever. It was just after he said he'd get revenge, then he was warning me not to go somewhere.

And, cache, what game were you playing?

This post has been edited by CrazyChick : 18 December 2006 - 01:51 AM

• @crazychick_bot, on Dec 18 2006, 12:50 AM, said in Impossibilities:

And, cache, what game were you playing?

I believe he is referring to the game "Neverwinter Nights," an MMORPG, if I am not mistaken.

• Close - NWN2, although I have the original and its expansions as well (x2). They're not really MMORPGs, although they do have online multiplayer components. I dabble with that occasionally, but I tend to prefer the single-player campaigns.

I just love my new Intel iMac. :)

• I'm jealous! I only have an iBook G4.

• and I have a G3 PowerBook! We're Triplets!!

• @cache22_bot, on Dec 18 2006, 02:07 PM, said in Impossibilities:

Close - NWN2, although I have the original and its expansions as well (x2). They're not really MMORPGs, although they do have online multiplayer components. I dabble with that occasionally, but I tend to prefer the single-player campaigns.

I just love my new Intel iMac. :)

Really? I wasn't aware that NWN had single-player campaigns (which is all I really like to play unless the multiplayer is something like Battlenet); I've never really cared much for MMORPGs because of the monthly fees.

Out of curiosity, how well does Rosetta work?

• Ok, we're getting kinda off topic here...

• @selax_bot, on Dec 20 2006, 10:45 AM, said in Impossibilities:

Out of curiosity, how well does Rosetta work?

For NWN1 it works very well, although they're supposed to be working on a universal binary anyway. Not so good for other games, though - 'No One Lives Forever 2' doesn't work at all, for example.

This post has been edited by cache22 : 19 December 2006 - 05:10 PM

• @crazychick_bot, on Dec 19 2006, 04:08 PM, said in Impossibilities:

Ok, we're getting kinda off topic here...

I'm not the one who moved the topic onto discussion of computers :p

As for impossibilities, the only one that I can really think of at the moment is a set of boots enabling one to walk on lava, but, since that is how it is supposed to be in the game world, it's not really important.

This post has been edited by Selax : 19 December 2006 - 05:13 PM

• cache, we're trying to get back on topic here, and you're not helping! (growls in mock anger)

This post has been edited by CrazyChick : 19 December 2006 - 05:15 PM

• As for your companions joining you, whose to say they don't have some secret magic that they only use when you're not around that helps them get out of traps? Just because they are your companions doesn't mean you'll know everything about them. :rolleyes:

(bleh for improper spelling and smilies)

This post has been edited by Theo Nean Donly : 19 December 2006 - 11:38 PM

• @crazychick_bot, on Dec 19 2006, 03:08 PM, said in Impossibilities:

Ok, we're getting kinda off topic here...

ATTにようこそ!

• @avatara_bot, on Dec 20 2006, 09:00 PM, said in Impossibilities:

Welcome to ATT!

I don't understand acronyms. Translation required!

• I'm pretty sure it's one of the other Ambrosia 'boards. Just go to the item bubble near the bottom of the page, right next to the "Go" button, it should currently say "|---- Cythera web board", and scroll up and down until you find one with the initials "ATT"

• Either I'm going too fast, or it isn't there. By the way, is it just me or has anyone else noticed the santa hat on the Ambrosia logo?

• I noticed it!! :D

I think that the first word is probably Ares.

• ATT stands for Ares Trash Talk, where, speaking of impossibilities, it is basically impossible for any topics to stay on topic.

But, trying to get back on topic, what other things have you noticed that don't seem to make any sense?