New ''Tavern''?

• Like the real one, only us?

Poll: New ''Tavern''? (8 member(s) have cast votes)
    Do you think we should have something similar to the tavern, where we are ourselves?
    Yes.
    (4 votes [50.00%])
    Percentage of vote: 50.00%
    No.
    (4 votes [50.00%])
    Percentage of vote: 50.00%

What I mean by that is something like what happened in the Spam topic. I personally think it would be really fun, and a chance to get revenge on our glorious moderator. (And I didn't say that! ;) )
    What does everyone think?

• I'd like to fight Sely like I wanted to before, but I'm withholding judgement until Tyry comes through.

• What!!?! Me actually have to be myself somewhere?!?! Inconceivable!

• @jehezekel_bot, on Feb 1 2007, 02:57 AM, said in New ''Tavern''?:

Inconceivable!

'Ow come you keep usink dat word? I do not tink it means what you tink it means. :p

This post has been edited by cache22 : 31 January 2007 - 02:44 PM

• it sonds like a real hoot! I support it, but my personal self is much less intresting than any adventurer I can concieve of, my life pretty much consists f living in a work/school/sleep revolving argeement. I dont think that is what was intended in your conception.

• What I mean is this:
    You create a character that is basically you. He/she would respond to situations just as you would, but the situations don't have to be everyday ones. The whole thing is based somewhere like the Tavern, but it could be anywhere. Said character doesn't have to look exactly like you if you don't want anyone to know what you look like, and you don't even have to describe him/her very well. I know my character would look like me.
    In other words, your cyber clone, possibly creating mayhem, but only if you want to.

This post has been edited by CrazyChick : 31 January 2007 - 08:02 PM

• Something like the mini-RP in the Spam topic might be interesting.

• That's the idea. I reckon it would be really fun.

• I'd support this a bit more if the extreme absurdities were left out.

• Such as? (Sorry, having trouble differentiating between extreme absurdities, and the regular kind we see here all the time. ;) )

• Well, the moment death becomes trivial (eg, resurrector potions), it becomes a bit meaningless to do anything, because there's no ultimate effect (you don't have to kill the other person flat out, severe beatings are acceptable). That, and ripping off things like force lightning and lightsabers is a bit much.

• Mm-hmm, completely agree with you, there.

• @avatara_bot, on Feb 1 2007, 01:03 AM, said in New ''Tavern''?:

Well, the moment death becomes trivial (eg, resurrector potions), it becomes a bit meaningless to do anything, because there's no ultimate effect (you don't have to kill the other person flat out, severe beatings are acceptable).

kills Avatara

err i mean... the keys were right next to each other!

• @avatara_bot, on Feb 1 2007, 03:03 AM, said in New ''Tavern''?:

Well, the moment death becomes trivial (eg, resurrector potions), it becomes a bit meaningless to do anything, because there's no ultimate effect (you don't have to kill the other person flat out, severe beatings are acceptable). That, and ripping off things like force lightning and lightsabers is a bit much.

Well, in the Spam topic, I based my little story off of irc, where force lightning and such are my weapons of choice; however, I'd be willing to drop them (on the web board) for the greater good of the topic.

• Bolsters are also entirely too powerful, aren't they?

• Hmm, I need to think of another weapon, I suppose...

• let's go for it,
    power to the people, n' all that.

• Deep in an underground bunker, down at the very core of Cythera, a small group of people took a break from their task of keeping Cythera in a state of active balance, to gather in the company canteen, and relax.

They journeyed wearily from the control-room to the canteen, and were shocked to see that I, who they thought had stayed back, was peacefully hanging upside-down from the doorjamb, effectively blocking the entrance. .^.

• Before we start, we should really move it to a new topic.

• Starting a topic for it (as no-one seems to want to), what should I call it? Any ideas?