Ruffian encampment

• What is it for?

What is the purpose of the ruffian encampment, other than a one-time stop for a good amount of experience? Sacas doesn't seem to care about it, and nobody else does. There's nothing spectacular in it, except odd helmets.

This post has been edited by Buzzzzy : 18 February 2007 - 04:38 PM

• Well, I'm not sure if it has any meaning. It has some kesh, so you can probably relate it to that. Not everything really has to have a meaning.

• It is for clues. There are some interesting papers regarding the whole kesh mystery there.

• Probably, but the clues didn't help me since I found the things the clues are for before I found the encampment, if that makes any sense. However the treasure paper is only found there. But who needs money? If you do, just go to the Tyrant's tomb.

• Hey everyone! I'm back!! Yay!

Well, if you want money you can always do a little thing called replicating.... Hmmm?

• Treasure paper? I'm lost.

• There's a extremely unclear map of Cademia where a chest with a little bit of money is in the encampment. And replicating takes time, the Tyrant's tomb has over 2,000 oboloi.

• Oh, is that what the map was? I never knew!

That literally makes you a tomb rober, Buzzy :p I never take any money in the game, except for the 40 in my room. In fact, I don't take anything at all without replicating it first. Except for un-replicatable stuff like the sword of heros, the sapphire books, mystic armour, etc.
    Stealing is mean!

• But only taking things from a city is stealing. If you steal from the wild, or a stronghold, or cave, or the Tyrant's tomb, it doesn't matter. Moving the coffer closes the portcullis, but I always fetched it anyway. ;)

• @buzzzzy_bot, on Apr 24 2006, 04:05 PM, said in Ruffian encampment:

But only taking things from a city is stealing. If you steal from the wild, or a stronghold, or cave, or the Tyrant's tomb, it doesn't matter. Moving the coffer closes the portcullis, but I always fetched it anyway. ;)

Fetch what? The coffer of portcullis? ;)

• Don't you think it's mean to steal from the dead?

• Hmm.. Yes I do think its quite mean to steal from game data! :D

• Cythera doesn't think it's mean, since your karma doesn't go down, and you don't get penalized, apparently. And yes, I meant fetch the portcullis, because sitting on the throne is fun and making it close/open the secret door and portcullis is annoying.

• Humans should still be nicer than game data. What do you need the belt of strength for anyway? Sometimes I don't even bother upgrading my armour, and I don't even notice the difference @_@

• I never where it, I just keep it for pride. Also, if you use Pandora's Box or ACE to get your stat thing way up, and where the belt of strength, your stat will loop (in other words, it will go back to 4 or something).

• I'm sorry for bumping such an old topic, everyone, but I found that in the Tyrant's tomb, if you take the coffer, the portucullis goes down. (Yes, I know you know that. Just wait.) The if you drop the coffer back where it was, then pick it up again, the portucullis goes up. Is that a bug, or something?

• @buzzzzy_bot, on Apr 24 2006, 03:05 PM, said in Ruffian encampment:

...the Tyrant's tomb, it doesn't matter. Moving the coffer closes the portcullis, but I always fetched it anyway. ;)

I imagine that it is intentional to prevent one from removing the coffer from the tomb, although one could nexus out. I imagine that the builders of the Tomb designed it, and it presumably operates by weight (when the weight of the coffer on the pedestal is gone, it closes).

(Incidentally, how did this topic go from talking about the Ruffian Encampment to talking about the Tyrant's Tomb?)

• I really don't know.
    If it did operate by weight, surely it would close again when I took the coffer for the second time?

• @crazychick_bot, on Jan 31 2007, 10:15 PM, said in Ruffian encampment:

If it did operate by weight, surely it would close again when I took the coffer for the second time?

I'd think that it was something beyond the abilities of the game or a bug. Of course, the whole thing might be a bug.

• Maybe the switch switch resets when the coffer is replaced, but the Portucullis only opens/closes when the switch is activated (i.e. The coffer is removed). I would imagine it would be a failsafe in case one of the builders accidently locked himself in (albiet, a subtle one).