I'm curious

• Who here has access to a computer that lets them run Cythera?

Poll: Who here has access to a computer that lets them run Cythera? (15 member(s) have cast votes)
    Who here has access to a computer that lets them run Cythera?
    I do
    (12 votes [80.00%])
    Percentage of vote: 80.00%
    I do not
    (3 votes [20.00%])
    Percentage of vote: 20.00%

I was trying to think of something to post when an idle thought came to me: how many here on the web board actually have access to a means to play Cythera. Thus, out of curiosity, I decided that I may as well go ahead and ask.

• I do. Through Classic and there's another two that still run OS 9

• My laptop runs Classic, and so does the main computer, so I play Cythera quite regularly.

• I can boot into os9, and I have a computer with os7.3.5

• Hmm, well, I'm pleased to know that the number is still relatively high. :)

(By the way, this does include running Cythera in an emulator and such, just for clarification.)

• The computer I have my copy of Cythera on runs on OS8, so compatablility isn't an issue. Unfortunately, the left button on the mouse is broken, which makes playing somewhat difficult.

• I have access to a number of older computers that could run Cythera in OS 8 or 9, but it's just a nuisance to have to boot them up rather than just play it on my nice, shinny OS X Tiger computer. I don't play it in classic right now, though, have to use Sheepshaver.

• I have an old PowerMac which is sadly breaking down but runs OS 8 and which I run Cythera. Crashes less than booting up in OS 9 on my iMac G4 and doesn't cause weird things to happen like Classic.

I have about 30 Cythera players, so I tend to play a lot. Let's see, exactly 46. Close enough.

This post has been edited by Buzzzzy : 03 March 2007 - 06:59 PM

• I have an Intel, and an old machine, the intel wont run it :( I cannot get X to run for me... taht evil fiend. but my older amching runs like a charm :) therefore yes I have acess, but i cannot cary around by older machine. Sad.

• @cgends_bot, on Mar 4 2007, 03:44 PM, said in I'm curious:

I cannot get X to run for me...

Why would you need X? :huh: (I'm presuming you mean X11)

• Miss Shinjy runs Classic beautifully ^_^ My family also has a computer that can restart in OS9, but that computer is a bit old and quite ill. Which is rather ironic, because his name is Alaric.

• You name your computers? :huh:

• I name mine... Hauteclaire and Joyeuse are still running strong, but I'm hoping to replace Sauvagine this summer.

• Am I alone in not practising this quaint custom?

• Could be. Mine are called Sheridan, Ivanova, Vir, Lennier, Excaliber, Hyperion and Excelsior (I ran out of good B5 names.)

• Naming computers isn't that odd. I never had one of my own to name before, but I've known others that do it. I finally got my very own machine when I moved here, so I named it Regnkappa (an inside joke based on some wordplay- a raincoat is 'regnkappa' in Swedish and a 'mackintosh' in British.) ;)

• @crazychick_bot, on Mar 5 2007, 12:33 AM, said in I'm curious:

Am I alone in not practising this quaint custom?

I'm sure you are, but you knew you were crazy, right?

• cache: What about Khash, Khash, Khash, Khash, Khash, Khash, Khash, Khash, ...?

• Ah, yes - as in "We are all Khash." :laugh:

• @ledstj-rna_bot, on Mar 5 2007, 07:41 PM, said in I'm curious:

Naming computers isn't that odd. I never had one of my own to name before, but I've known others that do it. I finally got my very own machine when I moved here, so I named it Regnkappa (an inside joke based on some wordplay- a raincoat is 'regnkappa' in Swedish and a 'mackintosh' in British.) ;)

Groans Oh gods, what a horrible pun.
    BTW, it's English, not British, I believe. That's the Queen's English (I call it English English :laugh:), as opposed to NZ English, in which we say coat (or at least I do), and American English, in which they say windbreaker (or at least my American friend does). Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, anyone.

Sorry Ledstjärna, I have a terrible habit of correcting everyone. I'm trying to curtail it, but it's uphill going. :laugh:

This post has been edited by CrazyChick : 05 March 2007 - 03:43 PM