Hello everyone.

• A new member brings light into the world of the Cythera Web Board!

Hello everyone! I just signed up here, and I'd like t say I love Cythera! I started playing it a long time ago, when I found it on a MacAddict demo disk (or MacWorld... I can't remember!) Anyway, I've been looking around in the forums for the past couple of weeks now, and decided to join. I have some answers to some of the many questions there are about Cythera, as well as a few questions of my own. I also have some other exciting Cythera-related information that I'll probably be posting in other threads. Anyway, let's talk about Cythera.

Ever since I read about the Ring of Resistance in Slayer's guide, I have always made a habit of searching all clothing items I find. And... well, I found something! I wouldn't call it a secret, it's probably a glitch. But it's still cool!

In Kosha, go into the room with the narrow Closet with the dresser at the end. Search the cape in the dresser. note I recommend removing the cape from the dresser and taking it before searching it. Otherwise, you'll have to take all the things that drop from the dresser to, in turn, search them, because there is no room to be able to move them because the room is so small. And, of course, taking them without moving them is stealing them.

• Welcome to Cythera! ^_^

• Welcome to the Cythera Web Board. :)

@ooshmaster_bot, on Jul 15 2007, 03:38 PM, said in Hello everyone.:

In Kosha, go into the room with the narrow Closet with the dresser at the end. Search the cape in the dresser. note I recommend removing the cape from the dresser and taking it before searching it. Otherwise, you'll have to take all the things that drop from the dresser to, in turn, search them, because there is no room to be able to move them because the room is so small. And, of course, taking them without moving them is stealing them.

I think that I have done this before, but I should try it again.

• @ooshmaster_bot, on Jul 15 2007, 01:38 PM, said in Hello everyone.:

Hi I just tryed this out and found it very strange,though I did not find the ring.

My Results: Seached the cape, got 3 tunics. Searched the third tunic, and got 4 kilts. Then searched all the kilts only to find nothing. Is there a particular order I need to search them or is it something else? Oh and welcome to the boards!

• I've never searched any of the clothing, myself--I didn't read much of Slayer's guide before finishing the game because it seemed like cheating; I didn't read much afterwards because it took me long enough to finish the game without the guide that I figured I'd seen most of it.

In general, I've always felt a bit gypped by the clothing. What if I want to wear pants instead of a kilt? What if I'm playing as the female character (let's call her Bellerophina) and want to go to a formal occasion in a dress? Personally, it's little quirks like that that I really enjoy in games (Cythera has its fair share regardless); it would be interesting if you had to attend a "formal event" without your armor and deal with the situation differently when things get out of hand.

I wouldn't go so far as to request that the characters be forced to use the bathroom periodically so they can really get caught with their pants down... but that would be an interesting situation too. (as far as I can recall, the only game I've played in which it was relevant that a character needed to go to the bathroom was "Stubbs the Zombie" in "Rebel Without a Pulse")

• Welcome to the boards! Hope you stay.

Heh, interesting, though not much useful. I doubt it's a glitch though.

• Two Jacks - this is not where the ring is hidden. For information on that, refer to Slayer's guide. I just found that these clothes were all hidden in a cape and thought that it might have been an error in programming - it may have been intended for all the different items to be in the drawer together, not all hidden within the cape.

• @ooshmaster_bot, on Jul 17 2007, 12:51 AM, said in Hello everyone.:

Two Jacks - this is not where the ring is hidden. For information on that, refer to Slayer's guide. I just found that these clothes were all hidden in a cape and thought that it might have been an error in programming - it may have been intended for all the different items to be in the drawer together, not all hidden within the cape.

All I find in SLayer's Guide is Omen's ring, no ring of resistance. Are you sure your not talking about Omen's Ring?

• Welcome!

This sounds like an interesting occurrence indeed.

• Two Jacks: the ring he is referring to is the ring of resistance, which is linked from the items page.

• Welcome, ooshmaster! I love welcoming people. Who else likes welcoming people? Because I do.
    I thought that ring healed you. More fool me.

• @crazychick_bot, on Jul 18 2007, 03:08 AM, said in Hello everyone.:

Who else likes welcoming people?

Me likes welcoming people.

@two-jacks_bot, on Jul 17 2007, 03:23 AM, said in Hello everyone.:

All I find in SLayer's Guide is Omen's ring, no ring of resistance. Are you sure your not talking about Omen's Ring?

And I also like pointing out typos for no reason. :laugh:

• Welcome :)
    Speaking of searching places (sorry I don't know if this is a known piece of the storyline)... In the vineyard either west of Catamarca or the one Southwest of Cademia, search the vat of wine all the way to the right on the bottom of two rows. Kelp is revealed.

• It's the alternate way to get the kelp, as Slayer's guide describes, though not many people know it (I think). However you can give this to Charax in the Demo and he'll talk to you (though he'll get forever stuck at wanting an earth-heart mushroom).

• @buzzzzy_bot, on Jul 30 2007, 12:34 PM, said in Hello everyone.:

... (though he'll get forever stuck at wanting an earth-heart mushroom).

You wouldn't be talking about a mushroom steak by anychance would you?

• No, it's Sabinate's mushrooms, though I'll try it.

It's a bit difficult since I'm registered (I'll have to remove the license file temporarily) but I'll do it anyway.

This post has been edited by Buzzzzy : 04 August 2007 - 06:47 PM

• Welcome to the boards, ooshmaster!

I don't think I've had the pleasure yet of welcoming you, and if I have, well, we're just twice as friendly around here :)
    I hope you stick around for a while.

• Welcome. I'd suggest hanging around #cythera on IRC. We're usually active there (well, I am)
    It's better then the fourms, in some regards.

• ^huh?

• Buzzy, you are another person we'd love to see in #cythera ^_^