Map of Cythera

• The in-game view

Recently, Katerei asked if I would mind stitching together an in-game view of Land King Hall (available here). I was inspired by the project and decided to create a complete map of Cythera as seen in the game.

Posted Image

That is a heavily, heavily compressed JPEG of the finished map. The image is too small to zoom in very far. If you'd like to see the full-resolution JPEG, go here. Photobucket refused to let me upload it, so I had to put it on my student site. Note that the image may take a moment to load since it is around 3 MB.

For those of you who can't stand the lossy JPEG compression, I have a full-quality PNG version of the map, but it is huge. Go here to see the full-quality map. It is about 17.6 MB and will take some time to load, so please be prepared to wait!

All in all, it was a very interesting project. It gave me a better perspective of the placement of things in the game that I hadn't gotten from playing it. See if you can find the titans :p (sadly, there were no unicorns about when I took the screenshots, but most of the other creatures are there)

This post has been edited by The Wizard : 22 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

• That is an utterly awesome map, but I suggest you put an even smaller thumbnail in the post, I’m getting some nasty horizontal scrollbars while it loads.

Other than that, excellent work!

EDIT: I noticed you got the trio of ruffians between the volcano and the swamp in formation. Nice.

This post has been edited by Buzzzzy : 11 January 2011 - 11:19 PM

• @the-wizard_bot, on Jan 11 2011, 05:02 PM, said in Map of Cythera:

(sadly, there were no unicorns about when I took the screenshots, but most of the other creatures are there)

Asps?

Anyway, cool map, that looks like it took considerable effort ^_^ I'm not sure how you have time to do that, but not to visit with us in the channel, but that's okay.

• Alternately, if you are interested in a full-size, full-quality version of the map that's easy to view, try this.

• Woooo, shiny.

• Nice jobs, Wizard and Pallas :) .

At some point soon, I hope to use this map and the others made for DM to update the maps section in Slayer's Guide.

• @pallas-athene_bot, on 12 January 2011 - 07:00 PM, said in Map of Cythera:

Alternately, if you are interested in a full-size, full-quality version of the map that's easy to view, try this.

Thank you so very much for doing that; I was at a loss for finding a convenient, fast way to view the map. :)

And Buzzzzy, I edited the first post for a smaller image. The scrollbars should be gone now. Incidentally, I don't like the forum update very well, it breaks all of the links and smilies in a post as soon as you edit it. . . (not to mention all the old quote tags being broken or for that matter, special characters like this é; I think smart quotes have been broken on old posts, too)

• @breadworldmercy453_bot, on 11 January 2011 - 10:28 PM, said in Map of Cythera:

Asps?

I found them!

Posted Image

:D

• Buzzy, you rock! ^_^

• Buzzzzy, you are truly amazing! I didn't think anyone would take the time to look for the asps; I didn't even know where they were in that map. :D

This post has been edited by The Wizard : 29 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

• @the-wizard_bot, on 29 January 2011 - 05:12 PM, said in Map of Cythera:

Buzzzzy, you are truly amazing! I didn't think anyone would take the time to look for the asps; I didn't even know where they were in that map. :D

I was waiting for Mac OS 8 to install on Sheepshaver, I don’t actually have that much time on my hands. ;)