Omen's little reward

• Hi! This might be very duh but...

what's this reward Omen's mentions when you finish his little test. I've had to restart my game so I figured I'd look for it (missed it the first time) but... I can't seem to find anything. Can anyone help the one whose "lack of attentiviness" does not bode well? ;0)

Thanks!

• You didn't need to restart your game. You can get back into Omen's test via a ladder in Cademia (I think that is the city), I'll let you
    find that yourself. Unlock the upper door with the unlock spell, or if you can find a key that would be fine, you can go back through the
    test or you can go back through the secret door at the top of Omen's room. In the secret room where you found the trap door key, search
    for another secret door. Look around in the new found room and you'll see a ring (yippee).

• Actually you have to search the unlit torch in that room. ;)

• where do I get this unlock spell? I mean, it would be so useful..
    grin If it's too much of a spoiler, don't tell me though...
    I had to start over cuz I locked myself out of the temple... figured I would get the reward this time.

thanks so much! got the ring... what does it do exactly? will I find out?

champagne

• I think the unlock spell is in the library at Pnyx. You may have to get sevral Sapphire Books to find though.

• The unlock spell is in the Fifth degree hall.(I think. It may be in the fourth) That means you have to get 4 Sapphire books. Omen's ring makes your health regenerate faster. (even faster than poison makes you lose health)

(This message has been edited by Croikle (edited 11-21-99).)

• In the Cademian house where the trapdoor in to Omen's test is, the secret passage is "not obvious how to operate it". Is that the wrong house? Or is there some way to open it?

• Look in the big house to the north with all the crates. Smash every crate in sight. You'll find a switch under one of them.

• Or you can just move the crates; drag them from point A to point B and see what point A holds, then move them back. (Don't actually pick them up, though, that would count as stealing.)

Glenn, who agrees that smashing crates is more fun but just wanted to point out a kinder, gentler alternative. :>

• How do you smash a crate?

• Attack them.

• Can you smash oak and metal doors. I had a player that was magically challenged, so I play with the wizard now.

• Attacking doors will open, but not damage them. Explosives will take a locked door clean off its hinges, though.

• I can smash open locked doors with my axe

------------------

• where do i find seldane city? PLEASE TELL ME ^_^

• How about you ask that question in your own topic, you may get more responses...

------------------
    Happiness is finding your mother-in-law's picture on the back of a milk carton...

• For a free magic unlock, try the Dresser in Koshe's judge's house.
    There is a scroll there. Just use your grimwoire on it.

hmmm.... I wonder why he has that particular spell....

------------------
    Ah! Timon! You're dead!
    No I'm not.
    Yes you are! Just look!
    Oh! So I am!

• Unlock spell is fourth degree hall. Requiring 2 spahire books. Thats so easy I did it before i got magic.
    Omen's reward, seems to have been misunderstood. He gives you a magic map.
    You know, the one that when you use shows you everything you've seen in a place?
    You don't need to find it. He just gives it to you. The ring is just a sort of side treasure, he doesn't refer to it.
    If you play your cards right, you can leave with the ring, the map, 3 torches, and an explosive.

------------------
    Ah! Timon! You're dead!
    No I'm not.
    Yes you are! Just look!
    Oh! So I am!

Croax wrote:
    Omen's reward, seems to have been misunderstood. He gives you a magic map.
    You know, the one that when you use shows you everything you've seen in a place?
    You don't need to find it. He just gives it to you. The ring is just a sort of side treasure, he doesn't refer to it.

Actually, the Omen's reward is the ring and he does refer to it. If you get the ring, he congratulates you and then says you might need even more help and gives you the map. If you don't get the ring, he says something about you not finding your reward and says he will grant you a gift anyway and gives you the map.

------------------
    Check out my Ferazel's Wand Player's Guide at (url="http://"http://employees.3gi.com/~ereid/ferazel")http://employees.3gi.../~ereid/ferazel(/url)

• Oh. Well i never forgot the ring so i guess i don't know.
    Does anyone know what Omen is? My current guess is a chimera (by a vague reference from a book in a stronghold)

------------------
    Ah! Timon! You're dead!
    No I'm not.
    Yes you are! Just look!
    Oh! So I am!