Today is a day

• I'm not sure what to call the day, though. Today is the day on which I've been on these forums for half my life: I am 9726 days old and have been on the boards for 4863 days.

This feels long.

If you want to determine this day for yourself, I entered this into a Terminal to do so:

bash-3.2$ python
    >>> from datetime import datetime
    >>> born = datetime(1986, 11, 4)
    >>> join = datetime(2000, 2, 27)
    >>> join - born
    datetime.timedelta(4863)
    >>> join + (join - born)
    datetime.datetime(2013, 6, 21, 0, 0)

Or I can calculate it for you.

• Can we call it your half-birthday? Half-forum-birthday?

I don't understand how Terminal works, but I suspect mine is coming up in a little while.

• That's really cool, Fiery! Congrats on your... er... half-forum-birthday? Unlike birthdays and half-birthdays though, this event only happens once!

I'm not sure how to calculate mine. I am 8754 days old, and this account is only 2819 days old, so I have a long ways to go. But is that right? Or should I calculate from my first account? Or should I calculate from when I started reading this webboard? (I don't have a date for that, but it had to be sometime between fall 1999 and spring 2000)

• Ohhhh yeah. I forgot about my old accounts. That means mine has already passed.

BMW, I'd start counting from your first account. That's when you became a member proper.

• Okay, then mine hasn't passed yet! : ****D Fiery can you figure out when it is? My life-birthdate is July-3-1989, and my forum-birthdate is Jan-6-2002.

• July 12, 2014.

I actually had a previous account too, but I don't bother counting it for anything since it only dates to a month or so before this one, and Feb 2000 is already pretty early for the boards.

• I think that I have a while to go before I hit this milestone. One hopes the forums will still be around at that time.