Valentine's Chron Challenge 2015



  • shippity ship ship

    I was nominated to host the next challenge, so here we go. In honour of Valentine's Day, it's time to get shipping! :wub: (No, not the boat kind - I mean relationshipping.)

    Challenge:
    Write a chronicle that contains an improbable romance between two established characters.

    What constitutes an improbable romance? Two characters that by all reason should never, ever fall in love… but somehow they do. Their friends would think they're crazy, and they are - crazy in love.

    Requirements:
    -The improbable romance doesn't need to be a central theme, nor does it need to last the entire story. The improbable lovers don't even need to get together, but their feelings should be mutual.
    -"Established characters" means any character previously mentioned in TSs, chrons or any other story posted on the Cythera forum, and/or any game character. No new characters because then we can't judge how improbable it is (and it's less fun.)
    -Ideally posted by Feb 14, or by Feb 28 at the latest.



  • Let the games begin!



  • @ikaterei_bot, on 31 December 2014 - 03:04 AM, said in Valentine's Chron Challenge 2015:

    Their friends would think they're crazy, and they are - crazy in love.

    :laugh: This made me laugh! ^ ___^ Wendy asked why I was laughing, and I didn't know how to explain it.

    Anyway, of course I love this challenge ^ ___^ There are so many good possibilities! But I ought to write the next chapter of my Avriana fanfic, so I'll probably just enter that.

    I'm disappointed that Tyry hasn't submitted his story yet : __(

    Also curious to see who Sely ships in his entry : __D Ooh, and Fiery's! I hope everyone participates!



  • I may have just inadvertently completed my own challenge. Huh. Good timing.

    @breadworldmercy453_bot, on 06 January 2015 - 02:06 PM, said in Valentine's Chron Challenge 2015:

    I'm disappointed that Tyry hasn't submitted his story yet :(

    Me too!

    Quote

    Also curious to see who Sely ships in his entry :D Ooh, and Fiery's! I hope everyone participates!

    Me too!



  • Here's my entry. (Where's yours, BMW?)

    Warning: Some material may remind you of Kat's Sail story. If you liked Sail, you probably won't like this story. Actually, none of you should read it, you'll be happier that way.

    (For Sfiera, I have 6604.)



  • I WENT INTO THAT FULLY HOPING TO CRINGE REPEATEDLY AND I WAS NOT LET DOWN



  • I greatly enjoyed your story, Tyry! : __D

    My Avriana story is still barely started : __( I'm hoping I can get it done by Valentine's Day, but I've pretty-much decided to re-read Shadow Games and Witch Hunt before I start writing.. : __\

    Kat- Should I mark Sail Chapter 22 as a response to this challenge, on Fiery's spreadsheet? Their friends definitely think they're crazy : __D



  • @breadworldmercy453_bot, on 10 January 2015 - 03:49 PM, said in Valentine's Chron Challenge 2015:

    Kat- Should I mark Sail Chapter 22 as a response to this challenge, on Fiery's spreadsheet? Their friends definitely think they're crazy : __D

    Sure, as long as no one objects because I didn't write it specifically for the challenge. Though I came up with the challenge because we were already talking about Avriana and Sail ships, so maybe it fits in a roundabout way.

    This post has been edited by iKaterei : 10 January 2015 - 11:50 PM



  • If I object, does that mean you'll write another chron :p ?



  • There's a 10% chance I will, and a 90% chance it'll be TERRIBLE.

    You should write a chron to show me up for my lack of commitment!



  • Oh, do it! Both of you! Please : __D



  • Chron tallies for this challenge:
    Katerei - 1
    Avatara - 1
    Selax - 0
    BMW - 0

    Wait a minute...



  • Given that my writer's block has kept me from coming up with an OoR post for about three months, I honestly think the odds of my replying to this challenge are low.



  • But this is perfect Sely, now you can write a story without having to overcome your OoR-block!



  • Yeah, I think that says more about the state of OoR than about your creativity.



  • If I overcome my writer's block, I'm more likely to devote my efforts to OoR. I have started another Tales of Bellerophon though, but I don't think it'll fit this challenge.



  • I'm looking forward to the next tale of Bellerophon! ^_ __^ (I think it would be pretty easy to throw in an improbable NPC ship. "The improbable romance doesn't need to be a central theme, nor does it need to last the entire story." All you have to do is briefly mention that Hector and Palaestra got married, or something like that.)



  • @breadworldmercy453_bot, on 28 January 2015 - 06:37 AM, said in Valentine's Chron Challenge 2015:

    All you have to do is briefly mention that Hector and Palaestra got married, or something like that.

    That would be a valid entry. You would just have to suffer my endless disappointment. :(



  • And what , may I ask, do you have against Hectaestra?



  • I have nothing against that pairing. I'd just be disappointed if someone cops out and writes a single sentence romance. :(


Log in to reply