December Chron Challenge 2015
Christmas is a time for family, so in the vein of Christmas your challenge is to:
- Write a story about a romantic couple of your choice overcoming some unexpected hardship together.
- The setting should be cold, but the ending should be warm.
- A cedar tree is mentioned or present.
- Bonus points for including children.
- Extra bonus points if Selax is mentioned or present in the story.
Or, if writing a sappy story doesn't appeal to you, you can instead write a story about the true meaning of Christmas: shopping!
- In 29,731 words or less, describe the misadventures of a romantic couple of your choice as they attempt to complete their holiday shopping.
- The story should mention titans, giraffes, or starfish.
- Glitter makes a mess.
- Bonus points if the story involves a volcano.
- Extra bonus points if Retsy is mentioned or present in the story.
Or, for the truly masterful:
- Complete both the silly story and serious story objectives in the same submission.
- Your entry should be shorter than two hundred 8.5 x 11 pages, double-spaced, using 12 pt Times New Roman. (You don't have to actually submit in this format.)
- Pumpkin bread is mentioned.
- Bonus points if the main characters encounter bats.
Katerei last edited by
A cedar tree? Really?
Hmm, I could actually make the first one into a dark story (one that would actually cause some degree of angst for both Avatara and Katerei's characters), but I don't know about doing that for a Christmas chron.
453 last edited by
Make it a New Year's story, or a solstice story?
Technically it's the December challenge, not the Christmas challenge, so dark, bitter stories are still ok.
Well, I posted something, although I steered away from a darker story.
So, when is 453 posting her entry to the challenge :p ?