Sail: Chapter 2

• a Cythera novel

(content now here)

This post has been edited by iKaterei : 14 December 2015 - 06:18 AM

• Good chapter! ^ ___^ I'm amused by how dangerous the wolflizards are compared to how docile the scylla was ^ ___^ Also curious about the layout of the land. Are they on alt-Cythera now? I don't suppose you'd want to make one of those pretty maps for alt-Cythera.. (not sure how different it is from real Cythera but I don't know what massive inlet they're referring to. It seems logical that the absence of the elementals would cause significant changes to the land/sea anyway)

• @breadworldmercy453_bot, on 07 December 2013 - 10:20 AM, said in Sail: Chapter 2:

Also curious about the layout of the land. Are they on alt-Cythera now? I don't suppose you'd want to make one of those pretty maps for alt-Cythera..

It is alt-Cythera, but with an entirely new map. Cythera itself was too small for my purposes, and didn't have the rainforest climate I wanted, so I heavily altered a map of the British Columbia coastline near my home. (In reality, it has way more islands and inlets, but such a fragmented coastline is a pain to write for.)

I don't know if it's pretty, but it's way more realistic! Caladhea is the capital like Cademia, and Ingdanrad loosely parallels Pnyx.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by iKaterei : 09 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

• Sorry about my slow reply. I've been in shock since Avatara posted a chron ;) .

Well done, as always. I'm kind of curious what becomes of Katerei's traveling companions, not to mention the rest of her species.