Sail: Chapter 4

• a Cythera novel

(scrubbed)

This post has been edited by iKaterei : 14 December 2015 - 06:23 AM

• That bridge is really cool! I wonder why it's so high? Air shrine?

Sad ending ): I hope Kateiko is okay, and that the trumpet doesn't mean trouble...

I look forward to chapter 5!

• @breadworldmercy453_bot, on 17 September 2014 - 08:41 PM, said in Sail: Chapter 4:

That bridge is really cool! I wonder why it's so high? Air shrine?

Because it's awesome :D

To be more specific, people that practice animistic religions often build shrines at sites of great natural beauty, where the souls of natural forces are present (like Shinto shrines on mountains.) A river canyon surrounded by huge trees is a notable landmark, and the Rin and Iyo both worship air spirits, so they built a shrine as close to the sky as possible. A veiled allusion to the Ur-Sylph :ninja:

• Huh, I had completely missed (or at least had forgotten) the previous references to the itherans.

Anyway, a very nice chapter with excellent work on the descriptions :) . I'm inclined to suspect the trumpet is the horn given to them at the end of chapter 3, but I suppose I'll have to wait and see.

• @selax_bot, on 18 September 2014 - 07:21 PM, said in Sail: Chapter 4:

I'm inclined to suspect the trumpet is the horn given to them at the end of chapter 3, but I suppose I'll have to wait and see.

I actually meant to use the word horn and not trumpet. >_> So (spoiler alert) yes, it is.