I actually managed to track down a good OS 9 emulator, at this link: http://www.macwindow...ntain-Lion.html
Though that page is a couple years old, the version for Mountain Lion seems to work ok on my iMac running Yosemite.
Sheepsaver will emulate any Classic architecture you want, down to System 7. However, I'm using the version with the "Chubby Bunny" ROM with OS 9 pre-installed, because I'm not willing to dig my old monster of an eMac out of my parents' garage just so I can build a ROM from it. (Here's a direct link to the .zip) But I know every one of you has an old Mac sitting around somewhere, making it legal for you to have the ROM and OS, right? ;) />
I just booted it up and tried it out with Cythera, and it seems to run just fine. It's a little complicated to actually get Cythera on there, because the "ChubbyBunny" ROM does not come with a web browser pre-installed:
1. While the emulator is off, drop the Cythera installer and one of the empty disk images that come with the download into your users/shared/ (Do not open up the disk image on OS X, because as long as it's mounted in OS X, the emulated machine cannot see it.)
2. Run the emulator. On the emulated desktop, there will be three drives: "Classic HD", the virtual disk you dropped in the Shared folder, and a "Unix" drive, which is also apparently your Shared folder.
3. The Cythera installer will be on the drive labelled "Unix", and you can copy it over and install it on the blank virtual hard disk. I wouldn't recommend installing it to the virtual disk labelled "Classic HD", as that seems to be just for the OS. Save your games to the blank disk, too.
4. The first time you run the game, the game may crash and you have to restart the virtual machine because it freaks out over some sort of Quicktime conflict, but Cythera should run fine after that.
5. Don't forget to register! Your old registration code still remarkably seems to work.
I'm sure that would be less complicated if I installed a browser and got the virtual machine talking to the internet, but meh.
Edit: It turns out that "ChubbyBunny" even comes with ResEdit pre-installed, so any of y'all wanting to mod EV Classic or Override the old fashioned way can do so.
This post has been edited by Big Joe : 12 May 2015 - 02:48 PM