I was wondering if I could Fetch away the secret door in Kosha, thereby allowing the Odemia arc to be skipped. The Sapphire Book bug can be used so that only one book need be found. Unfortunately, the game bugged out on me in the sixth hall, so I didn’t answer the question of whether that door could be fetched, but I did realize that “Ask Halos about Comana” can’t be acquired without at least talking to the Odemia guard.
I did somehow manage to kill all the polyps under Catamarca with a single bomb, so I wonder if avoiding party members might be an improvement.
I went looking in the code to see if I could find any shortcuts. For example, the Opheltius murder (state 3) progresses as follows:
- Murdered; Halos thought guilty
- Halos cleared (Charax can only proceed so far until this point; this must be the origin of the belief that he needs some time to study)
- Pelagon implicated (goes to Grotto)
Unfortunately, while it’s clear where the progression from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 are, I can’t find the code that starts the murder thread itself. Maybe it’s in some common subroutine that I haven’t disassembled. Does anyone know what exactly triggers it?
(Also, there’s something about Eudoxus’s note in his code—can you progress with just that?)
The Ariadne kidnapping (state 1) progresses through:
- Learned from Guard (at this point, you can get Ask Halos about Comana from Propontis)
- Killed Eudoxus
- Ariadne joined
- Returned to Odemia (dead or alive). If you return with a corpse, though, that sets state flag 3, though, which I believe prevents you from getting the pipes.