Lame Space Monkey
Posts made by Pallas Athene
RE: The Riddle-Master of Hed
I read the trilogy shortly after the stream. I enjoyed it. I didn’t start a discussion topic though because if no one else has read it it would just be spoilers.
I would add—the principal antagonists come from the sea, and there are ruins of the Earth-Masters scattered around. I think most of the Cythera parallels surface by the end of the first book, and after that they diverge a bit more.
RE: Seldane Language Discussion
- “Seldane” seems to be just fine. The name for the English language is “English”, after all, and you used “Seldane” as a name for the language a couple of times in the post without confusion.
- Other than cross-referencing words with Egyptian, I don’t think we’re likely to come up with much. Other, better-attested languages have puzzled linguists for longer. There are a couple of vocabulary items that jump out (e.g. SPY/SBY/SBA = Door) but I couldn’t tell you whether the variation there is grammar or typos.
RE: Someone was really mad at Andrew...
Nice. Three thoughts:
- Looks like the forums are sorting topics by start date instead of last post date, which buries long threads (like the Officer’s Club Bar).
- Is there any reason not to incorporate ATT? I can send you my backup.
- Since this is in the interest of preservation, would you consider putting a database dump somewhere so others could easily back up your server without writing their own scraper? :)
Outside ATT, I appear to have been the only person to start a topic in the Ares forums in the past decade, so… huh.
RE: Cythera Speedruns
This is great. Who needs side quests? Who needs main quests? Who needs fetch quests?
Vineyard ask sad guy about name get kelp, shovel, grapes dig book, put in pouch
I like that you’ve cut this conversation down to the point where all you do is ask him his name, and he’s still “sad guy”.