I like the approach of using a Mage, Buzzzzy! Having some extra mana can certainly help.
I wonder how each individual class fares in a speedrun? We know Rogues, Storytellers, and Mages can do well because they each bring something (awareness, persuasion, or magic). Somehow I doubt Fighters or Beserkers would be as effective given their skill set.
What I really want to know is... what about the Wizard? 😛
Regarding the run itself, apart from the two minor things about having to reload and forgetting sleep, you've got this down about as much as I can imagine it going. It was already shorter than mine even the first time I got to Charax before the disastrous attempt to attack him!
23:27 Sure would be nice if there were a spell that could pick up an object at a distance…
I've been trying to figure out any way to use Fetch or Remote Manipulation, but I can't see the time tradeoff being worth it. But here's some notes I made that could be useful for cheat runs:
- Remote Manipulation (skip Honor Jinrai and immediately enter Hall of Truth stairs?)
- Fetch, broken (zap the door in Hall of Truth out of existence and skip all the puzzles)
- Fetch, patched (pickup the third shard without having to go around)
- Selax's bird character ("can fly" attribute allows going over water and lava without difficulty, saves time and damage)
- Selax's teleporter character (immediately pop into the city of interest; maybe modify to have a stairway to each relevant zone?)
Then I also think, "if one were cheating, could you just put a purified crolna in your inventory at the start and end the game when you begin it?" Perhaps @Bryce or @Selax should try this and get a 1 second speed run! 😄